How safe is buying mobile phone online in India?

Discuss prices and experiences at local mobile stores and online shopping portals.
abrakadabra

How safe is buying mobile phone online in India?

Post by abrakadabra »

Friends, how safe is buying mobile phone online? What about damaged item, defective item? And what about bill and warranty? Anyone with online mobile purchase experience, please tell.

Sithara

Re: How safe is buying mobile phone online in India?

Post by Sithara »

Many people are buying cell phones online thesedays. Prices are real good online and you get extra discounts too. Yes, most online sites (be carefull with ebay) provide genuine bills and warranty. Afterall you have to claim warranty from the phone manufacturer, not the seller.
Ebay India is risky as there are many fraud people too.
Other trustworthy sites are Flipkart.com, Letsbuy.com

Never ever try to buy from sites like Sangeetha mobiles or Univercell. Their prices are around 20% above market price.

Once I compared prices for a specific phone and the difference was like this.

Flipkart: 16500/-
Let'sBuy: 17000/- (plus they were giving 10% discount on it )
ebay india 18000/-
A shop in Kormangala, bangalore, 17500/-
univercell shop: 18000/-
sangeetha mobile: 19999/- :evil:

So try to buy from Flipkart. They are so well managed and trustworthy company.
Otherwise buy from local shops and always compare prices at atleast 2shops.

Dolly chaurasia

Post by Dolly chaurasia »

In these busy days everyone is looking for comfort zone and these online shopping websites a very easily attracting the busy or i can say lazy :) public.if you are spending your money on those thing that you cant see in real then you will never be satisfied even after the purchase and safe delivery at your place.

Use online shopping websites but very carefully.I would recommend flipkart.com but never go for any high range products.Remember "Its good to see than feeling guilty"

Careful shopping...Enjoy shopping..

Devesh

Post by Devesh »

After reading this, I compared prices online and seems EBAY.IN is on it's way to doom. The prices are more than 30% higher than what you see on FLIPKART.COM

Also FLIPKART is being treated as a very respectable company as it's hiring top IT talents and business school grads in India. Day's are really countable for ebay in india.

About Sangeetha mobiles, better don't go there. I don't know how they sustain to pay the rent of their showrooms! Anyone who has the slighest idea of mobile phone prices would always avoid sangeetha shops. :twisted:

MobiUserIndia

Post by MobiUserIndia »

+1, FLIPKART

Don't go searching for discounts elsewhere. The price and service from flipkart is faaaar bette than what you get on other indian online shopping sites even if they say theygive you discounts. Hopefully amazon will enter themarket too. But prices of mobile handsets are good on Junglee.com which is an Amazon subsidiary in India.

genieshop

Post by genieshop »

Genie shop is the best and most popular online mobile store in India to buy mobiles & tablets. Choose from wide range of mobile phones & tablets. Choose from wide range of mobile phones, tablets, check prices, specifications & reviews. Free shipping +COD+EMI

For more details visit this:
http://www.genieshop.in

CautiousBuyer

Post by CautiousBuyer »

genieshop wrote:Genie shop is the best and most popular online mobile store in India to buy mobiles & tablets. Choose from wide range of mobile phones & tablets. Choose from wide range of mobile phones, tablets, check prices, specifications & reviews. Free shipping +COD+EMI

For more details visit this:
http://www.genieshop.in
Why are you guys making a joke of yourself? :twisted: It's sickening to see bunch of rubish websites claiming to be the BEST! .. sad to see Indians use the words BEST,MOST POPULAR etc etc on every bloody stupid thing they do. Have some shame and some decent education guys.

Leann Lazar

Post by Leann Lazar »

I feel that buying online might be cheap but it has its own disadvantages and with rumors floating that e-commerce giants Amazon and Flipkart are going to shut the return facility I dont think online is going to be a very good option in the future. Best is ROPO - Review Online and Purchase Offline.